Old 08-09-2011, 02:21 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
chris French chris French is offline

Default OT OT Google chrome

In message , Stephen
Wolstenholme writes
On Thu, 8 Sep 2011 11:43:03 +0100, chris French
wrote:

In message , Jake
writes
On Wed, 7 Sep 2011 22:44:16 +0100, "Bob Hobden"
wrote:

"Dave Hill" wrote...

Has anyone tried Google Chrome browser?
Is it worth using instead of Internet Explorer or Firefox?

I have both IE and GC on my PC and have done for some months. Whilst I
always used to use IE I find I use GC all the time now.

Likewise. GC is much faster that IE9, particularly when displaying
photos.

People make various claims for this or that browser being faster. I swap
around amongst various browsers I can't say I really notice any great
difference in general use

Chrome is faster than other browsers because it uses more cache. It's
not unusual to cache in excess of a gigabyte. With current PCs that's
not a problem.

I'm sure I'm able to change the amount of cache in most of the browsers
I use if I want to.

But I suspect there is a lot more to it than that. a lot of the focus is
on the speed of Javascript execution as so many websites/services rely
on that nowadays
--
Chris French