Old 08-09-2011, 05:28 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Jake Jake is offline

Default OT OT Google chrome

On Thu, 8 Sep 2011 14:35:47 +0000, Granity
wrote:

Has anyone tried Google Chrome browser?
Is it worth using instead of Internet Explorer or Firefox?

Don't use Google Chrome unless you're happy for it to report back to
Google all your browsing habbits, it builds up a profile so that it can
tailor adverts etc to plague you with instead use SRWare Iron which is
the same software without the google bits. 'SRWare Iron - The Browser
of the Future' (http://tinyurl.com/4qlm5r)

With a few minutes' work you can disable just about everything. See
http://www.google.com/chrome/intl/en/privacy.html. the only
advertising I see in Chrome is when a site embeds something and, in
fact, Chrome stops more of that than IE does - in Chrome I regularly
see empty boxes where IE displays ads. I do not use Google as my
search engine so that may make some difference.

Cheers
Jake
Gardening at the less wet end of Swansea Bay
but moved on from Tolkien; now half way through
the complete Harry Potter.

www.rivendell.org.uk