Old 08-09-2011, 08:08 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Dave Hill Dave Hill is offline
Registered User

Location: South Wales
Default Is summer over?

On Sep 8, 5:29*pm, Jake Nospam@invalid wrote:
On Wed, 07 Sep 2011 10:31:56 +0100, Pam Moore

wrote:
As we have had threads with spring, autumn and winter in the subject
lines iin the last 2 days, I just had to add one including summer. *It
feels very autumnal in my garden now, and it's cutting-back and
ticying-up time.
Goodbue summer!

Pam in Bristol

I think that a pre-requisite of something being over is that it first
must have started

Cheers
Jake
Gardening at the less wet end of Swansea Bay
but moved on from Tolkien; now half way through
the complete Harry Potter.

www.rivendell.org.uk

I have less than 10% of my dahlias in flower, I finished up taking 10
weeks to plant, should have been done in no more than 5, I was
expecting a good August and Sept to let them catch up a bit, but with
night temps down as low as 48f, and the cool days, lack of sunshine
and now more rain and gales the poor things dont stand a chance.
The supports proke on some of the tree dahlias and I have had to pick
them up, some must weigh around half a hundred weight and more, next
year it will have to be wires and more heavy canes (8ft+) problem is I
need to stake around 80 plants.
I'll have to see if I have any young Ash poles growing.
David Hill