Old 09-09-2011, 11:13 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Mint Tea fertilizer

Dodge wrote:
Hello!

I know that you can use comfrey tea, and even normal 'builders' tea
as a plant fertilizer.

Can anyone think of a reason why I shouldnt use Peppermint Tea?

It must contain nitrogen and other goodness?

Must it? Because it smells so nice? I doubt there is any significant
mineral content. Think of it this way, there is little nutrition in whole
leaves and your tea is only extracting a small amount of what is there. I
could be wrong and I haven't seen any analysis that would settle it one way
or the other.

David