Old 10-09-2011, 10:42 AM posted to rec.gardens
Kay Lancaster Kay Lancaster is offline

Default Mint Tea fertilizer

On Fri, 9 Sep 2011 10:01:08 +0000, Dodge wrote:

Hello!

I know that you can use comfrey tea, and even normal 'builders' tea as a
plant fertilizer.

Can anyone think of a reason why I shouldnt use Peppermint Tea?

It must contain nitrogen and other goodness?

Mint hay or "mint compost" is the stuff that's left after the oils are
harvested. Runs about 2.0-0.8-2.8 (NPK). Mint tea would be much, much
less concentrated than that. So it sounds like a very expensive way to
add minimal soil nutrients.

Mint oils are terpene derivatives... no NPK.

Kay