Old 11-09-2011, 03:36 AM posted to rec.gardens
[email protected] kate@notme.com is offline

Default Mint Tea fertilizer

On Sat, 10 Sep 2011 17:00:21 -0700, Billy
wrote:

In article ,
"David Hare-Scott" wrote:

Billy wrote:
In article ,
Chris Thompson wrote:

Dodge wrote in newsodge.8dfdab7
@gardenbanter.co.uk:

Hello!

I know that you can use comfrey tea, and even normal 'builders' tea
as a plant fertilizer.

Can anyone think of a reason why I shouldnt use Peppermint Tea?

It must contain nitrogen and other goodness?

How about cost?

Chris

At least it would help cover the smell of the fertilizer. Although, we
spent 2 weeks on a dairy farm in Brittany, and at first I was appalled
by the smell, but by the time we left, I didn't notice it at all.
(Bourg-Blanc, the Le Hir family).

For your next holiday you should room next to a chicken shed, try to be
there when they clean it out.

Would that be worse that being next to the U.S. Congress, which never
gets cleaned out?

Nice hijack.

Mint is good as an activator. Add it to comfrey etc and get better
effect. Accelerated effect.

No cites, my studied opinion. (And who knows what I've studied.)