Old 11-09-2011, 01:36 AM posted to rec.gardens
songbird[_2_] songbird[_2_] is offline

Default Mint Tea fertilizer

Billy wrote:
At least it would help cover the smell of the fertilizer. Although, we
spent 2 weeks on a dairy farm in Brittany, and at first I was appalled
by the smell, but by the time we left, I didn't notice it at all.
(Bourg-Blanc, the Le Hir family).

i grew up near a dairy farm, properly
managed it does not smell that bad, compared
to a CAFO, chicken shed or badly run pig farm
a well run dairy is heaven.

my brothers worked there at times helping
out, they'd come home smelling rather ripe,
Ma would make them take their clothes off
outside and hose them down before washing
them. i used to go help milk and liked to
talk to the guy who owned/ran the place. it
is still going as a dairy farm even now all
these years later but i don't know who is
running it. many many stories, playing in
the barn hayloft, barn cats, calfing, raising
a calf, ornery cows and the ones that loved
you if you brought them a carrot or apple,
the smell of sileage, the sound of milking,
.... etc.

songbird