Old 12-09-2011, 01:55 AM posted to rec.gardens
Nad Nad is offline

Default What can I grow in a 1" wide, 4" deep hole?

Nad wrote:
lellis2k wrote:
hi guys!

I know nothing about gardening and my back garden is just concrete

In the middle though is a hole where a rotary clothesline was.

It's full of mud and so a small weed has grown in it, lovely!

What can I plant in its place, I want the biggest/tallest thing
possible.

It's for a bit of a laugh and not expecting much but anything better
than a weed would be good

1" wide, 4" deep. Suggestions?

Thanks guys!

Leigh

A plant called "Hens and Chicks" may work?

http://www.ehow.com/how_5112348_care...cks-plant.html

Try this again, link seemed not work.
However, one inch wide is not much room. Could try planting a seed and see
what happens.

Ok again a different link for he's and chicks.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hen_and_chicks

--
Nad