Old 12-09-2011, 01:04 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible,rec.gardens
phorbin phorbin is offline

Default OT "fearmongering" from the "liberal media"

In article Wildbilly-CDC613.11091611092011@c-61-68-245-
199.per.connect.net.au, says...

Justin Cariker grabs a 7-foot-tall Palmer pigweed at his farm, bending
the wrist-thick stem to reveal how it has overwhelmed the cotton plant
beneath it. This is no ordinary weed: Over time it has developed
resistance to Monsanto's best-selling herbicide, Roundup. Hundreds of
such "superweeds" are rising defiantly across this corner of the
Mississippi Delta. "We're not winning the battle," Cariker, owner of
Maud Farms in Dundee, Miss., says as he looks at weeds that tower over
his infested cotton field like spindly green scarecrows.

Good article.

....and I'll bet the cotton it's outgrowing is Monsanto engineered too.