Old 12-09-2011, 11:18 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
[email protected] tinnews@isbd.co.uk is offline

Default Tomato disaster

Jeff Layman wrote:

But what a waste of time, especially with the lousy "summer". The
outside GD got blight a couple of weeks ago and I've dumped the plants
in the compost bin. Nice lot of green tomato chutney though! One of
the plants inside the greenhouse is just starting to show blight, so
I'll cut those down in the next day or so. And the tomatoes I've had so
far? Not a patch on the GD I remember for taste, and a lot bigger too.
My neighbour had some of my spare plants, and had bought some GD
plants separately. No difference between them AFAICT. What is going on
with GD?

Yes, our Gardener's Delight seem to be bigger and less tasty this
year, in fact difficult to differentiate from other varieties.

--
Chris Green