Old 12-09-2011, 01:54 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden[_3_] Bob Hobden[_3_] is offline

Default Tomato disaster

"harry" wrote ...

, "Pete C" wrote:
Not been to allotment for a few days. Went this morning expecting to pick
lot of toms. A sad sight met my eyes, all tom plants dead/dying and fruit
rotting! A wander around the site showed similar on almost every plot.
One
lady said she thought there was a cold night last week.....but frost? Am
depressed....all that hard work wasted.
Pete C

Trying to grow tomatoes outdoors is a waste of time. You only get a
short season and the blight takes hold sooner than with a greenhouse.

We have nowhere else to grow them than out on our plot and we always get a
decent crop, goodness knows how many pounds we picked yesterday.
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.