Old 12-09-2011, 05:21 PM
echinosum echinosum is offline
Registered User

Location: Chalfont St Giles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Hill View Post
Writing this in what seems to be mid November here in South Wales.
Has anyone noticed that we have had a 2 month shift in our seasons,
the last couple of years
Summer was April/May/June, Autumn was July / August and now we seem
to be at the end of Autumn heading towards Winter.
This could account for us getting snow in November when it should be
in Jan.
You are currently suffering from the phenomenon of the remarkably intact remains of an Atlantic hurricane blowing across onto our west coast. It happens once every few years. Soon be gone. It is having little obvious effect here in the SE, where the weather forecast for the next few days looks pleasant and typical for mid-Sept. Though the overnight temperature last night was actually weirdly warm for the time of year - it was 16C at 0630 this morning, a level rarely reached in August.

Spring was nice this year, and summer less nice. But if you actually look at the averages you will find that spring was a bit warmer than a normal spring, but a long way short of an average summer; and summer was a bit cooler than a normal summer, but a long way above an average autumn.