Old 12-09-2011, 04:36 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
'Mike'[_4_] 'Mike'[_4_] is offline

Default Shifted seasons

"Chris Hogg" wrote in message
On Mon, 12 Sep 2011 08:03:17 -0700 (PDT), Dave Hill
wrote:

Writing this in what seems to be mid November here in South Wales.
Has anyone noticed that we have had a 2 month shift in our seasons,
the last couple of years
Summer was April/May/June, Autumn was July / August and now we seem
to be at the end of Autumn heading towards Winter.
This could account for us getting snow in November when it should be
in Jan.
David Hill

Driving around the lanes here in west Cornwall over the weekend, we
were a bit surprised to see holly trees absolutely laden with bunches
of brilliant red berries. Come Xmas, they'll all have been stripped by
the birds, of course.

--

Chris

Gardening in West Cornwall overlooking the sea.
Mild, but very exposed to salt gales

The Holly we have in our hedges in the garden have red berries on them

Merry Christmas

Mike