Old 13-09-2011, 10:10 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
No Name

Default Shifted seasons

mogga wrote:
I just ate my first mincepie of Xmas 2011

I've seen the christmas gifts out in the shop but didn't think of
looking for mince pies... Guess who's off to the shops shortly!

I don't like shop-bought mince pies, I always find them too dry. Unless
they are fresh from the bakery and use puff pastry, but they don't tend to
do them very often.

I was playing with the idea of making mince pies using choux pastry this
year, like festive chocolate eclairs. Perhaps topping them with brandy
butter or some kind of spiced ... ooh, new idea!

Choux bun (mini eclair shape/size), split, dollop of mincemeat, topped with
confectioner's custard, sprinkled with spiced icing sugar!