Old 20-04-2003, 06:24 AM
Tasslehoff

Default Test Kits

Ah geez there I go again, I didn't read the original post properly. I was
referring to GH not KH, sorry.

"Tasslehoff" wrote in message
u...
Lamotte are supposed to be accurate if you want to pay 10x as much. I

have
the same problem. Aquasonic (3 step)will give my tank a reading of 150ppm
and AP will give me 220ppm (1 step). My tetras are happy and angels

laying
eggs all the time so I'm not too concerned.

"Henry" wrote in message
What brand of test kits are people out there using ? I have two kits

(Hagen
and Aquarium Pharmaceuticals) for KH hardness, and they are giving me
different results. One says my water is about 60 PPM carbonate hardness,

and
the other says about 90. These differing results are consistently
repeatable. Is there a brand out there that I can really trust?

I want a pretty precise result for the KH hardness so I can determine

the
C02 levels on my water with a reasonable degree of accuracy.

Thank you for any help.