Old 13-09-2011, 03:55 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
No Name

Default Shifted seasons

Janet wrote:
I was very disappointed a few years ago when I went to eat a leftover
Christmas pudding in summer, and it had gone mouldy. :-(

Needs more alcohol :-)

Seriously, it didn't. It was almost at the point you could have served it
in a glass! I guess there was just something wrong with where they were
stored. Probably too warm, cos they were in the kitchen (wrapped in greased
paper, then a tea towel) at the back of a drawer, iirc.

Don't really have anywhere cool to store things, other than the summer
house, which is prone to mice and frost. I envy my nan her larder, but (to
join an old thread running here previously, my uncle is converting her
larder into a downstairs bathroom (so my grandad doesn't need to go upstairs
any more ... which sounds a great idea, but he'll be very disappointed in
future when he tries to spy on the neighbours)