Old 13-09-2011, 07:36 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Bill who putters Bill who putters is offline

Default Big garden fail again.

In article ,
Derald wrote:

Bill who putters wrote:

Guess you know that sweet potatoes leaves can be used like spinach.

Never heard that. I gave up growing sweet potatoes long ago because of
their vulnerability to insect pests: Down here, borers and earwigs eat the
tubers while grasshoppers eat the leaves, LOL! If the price keeps going up (I
can't believe I typed "if..."), I may try them again but in containers. The
grasshoppers don't know it yet but a surprise awaits them next season:
http://www.planetnatural.com/site/semaspore-grasshopper-bait.html.

Look at.

http://goo.gl/ch6BO

All sorts of recipes. Enjoy.