Old 13-09-2011, 08:10 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Doug Freyburger Doug Freyburger is offline

Default Big garden fail again.

Bill who putters wrote:
Doug Freyburger wrote:

I recently read that sweet potatoes are broadly classed as morning
glories. I was barely aware they weren't in the nightshade family
before that.

Guess you know that sweet potatoes leaves can be used like spinach.

I do now. Back when I thought that sweet potatoes were potatoes and
thus nightshades I never would have imagined it. The leaves of
nightshade family plants are so varied I would have no idea and no
specific reason to look up the botany article on sweet potatoes.

Huh, so morning glories taking over the garden does still count as all
in the edible topic. I don't recall ever tasting the leaves of a
morning glory flower.