Old 14-09-2011, 04:34 PM
kay kay is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billit View Post
Has anyone had the same trouble as I have this season I am talking about the greenhouse tomatoes having a tougher skin than normal the crop has been good except for the skins being tough
Mine have been quite tough. It hasn't worried me, but my son complained that if he tried to bite the end off, the contents ejected at high speed from the stalk end!

Since I've not grown this variety before (unknown random seedlings from supermarket tom) I've no idea whetehr it's normal or not. Presumably the parent wasn't thick skinned, since supermarket tomatoes usually are not.