Old 14-09-2011, 10:00 PM
kay kay is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by echinosum View Post
Many supermarket tomatoes are hybrids, in which case it would not have bred true. Tomato seeds are cheap, and only need to be bought once. Buy recognised non-hybrid varieties with the properties you want, and then you can keep the seed and grow them again.
Yes, I know, and you might have seen on another thread I explained why I was growing these, and described the variation in the offspring. I was merely commenting that I too had thicker skinned tomatoes than I normally did, but that because of the origin I didn't know whether this was the variety (as in the variety of the offspring, named variety or otherwise) or the growing conditions.