Old 14-09-2011, 05:31 PM posted to rec.gardens
[email protected] despen@verizon.net is offline

Default Roses

mj writes:

Well the deer have eaten so much of my rose bushes they are clinging
to life. There are a bunch of dead branches as well as canes. I am
afraid if I cut them back as far as they need to be they won't make it
through the winter. On the other hand if they are dead it won't do any
good to leave them. Is there any salvaging to be done? I would ask the
rose group but there seems to be no one around there anymore.

The roses may or may not come back.

Isn't the real issue the deer?

After having struggled with every thing under the sun to repel deer,
I can tell you what works. Fences.

If fences aren't in the cards, forget the roses.

--
Dan Espen