Old 15-09-2011, 02:00 AM posted to rec.gardens
songbird[_2_] songbird[_2_] is offline

Default Roses

mj wrote:

Well the deer have eaten so much of my rose bushes they are clinging
to life. There are a bunch of dead branches as well as canes. I am
afraid if I cut them back as far as they need to be they won't make it
through the winter. On the other hand if they are dead it won't do any
good to leave them. Is there any salvaging to be done? I would ask the
rose group but there seems to be no one around there anymore.
Thanks for any ideas

what kind of roses?

if there is a graft union is the
damage all the way back to the graft?