Old 15-09-2011, 02:03 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Mushroom Identification

In article , wrote:
wrote:
Sorry, no photo. However, just found one, and it looks familiar, but I
can't place it.

Parasol shaped, white turning to brown, gills are white (which iirc, is a
bad sign if looking for edible), straight stem, no volval bag (good sign for
not being poisonous), gills not attached to stem. Found on soil, autumn.

I'm not looking it up to see if it's edible so much as see if it's something
I need to be wary of regarding the kids, chickens, etc. It reminded me of
an amanita such as a destroying angel (seemed flatter than that) or a death
cap (more white), but also looked like a field mushroom with white gills.

Any ring? Agaricus NVER have white gills and always have a ring.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.