Old 15-09-2011, 11:41 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
[email protected] mjciccarel@gmail.com is offline

Default Tomatoes

On Sep 15, 5:43*pm, Gunner wrote:
comes out of "Hydroponics, Soilless Gardening" y Richard E. Nicholls
Not sure what you mean by hydro system. It is a 7 pot grouping and I
use clay pellets for a medium.

Just curious as to the type of hydroponic technique you were using;
i.e. *NFT, *ebb and flow, etc. Yours a homemade system?

W/O benefit of the book, I *assume Nicholls' is *a variation of
Hoagland's. * Have to say I'm impressed, *not many folks mixing their
own these days.

General Hydroponic Water Gardens is the manufacturer, (looked it up).
Anyway there is a fill bucket and a pump that runs continiously. Hope
that helps. THre is really no other option than to mix our own. We
live in the middle of no where and shipping for that stuff is cost
prohibitive. We went to a farm supply place to get all the chemicals.
Had to buy them in pounds, use a coffee grinder and we are good. I cut
off all of the dead on the tomato plants, shook them up gently of
course and am now hoping for the best. Nice to talk to someone about
hydroponics and not have the conversation go right to "pot'