Old 15-09-2011, 11:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Mushroom Identification

wrote in message
Christina Websell wrote:
Google for parasol mushroom+images.

Tried that, was googling and wikipediaing for quite a while without
turning
up anything that looked right. Hence hoping someone on here might
recognise
the description

I would not like to advise you whether or not it is poisonous.

I wouldn't be trying it even if I was 99.9% sure. One day I may try the
mushrooms that grow out there because they're definitely field
mushrooms, and my neighbour has eaten them before. But she won't eat them
now in case the dogs next door have widdled on them, apparently.

She could wash them.
I had several parasol mushrooms growing under my lilac trees, and I googled
them - they seemed to be safe to eat, but I didn't dare, in case I got the
ID wrong.
Tina