Old 16-09-2011, 12:21 PM
Genie2312 Genie2312 is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potman View Post
Wisteria's can be bit fussy so i'd say find a reputable gardening book for advice but I'm sure cutting it back won't do it too much lasting damage they live for hundreds of years so come back slowly. I have known them to be transplated and suffer huge upheavel and look as if they are dead foir a couple of years before returning to full glory tho.

Pot Tastic
thank you for your advice, ive trawled the internet but they only say about pruning to 6 green buds now and them back to 2 in feb but the really thick bit needs taking right back.....if I cut back into the woody stems (no green growth) do you think it will sprout new growth from them? (don't want to end up with a dead bit right in the middle....haha)