Old 16-09-2011, 01:43 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
No Name

Default hard tomatoes

Baz wrote:
When you say 'real' tomatoes, do they taste as good as "Gardeners Delight",
or are they just bigger and not so tasty?

I ask this because if I need to I can erect a greenhouse I have (in pieces
to erect as it is reclaimed)

If 'real' tomatoes are so tasty, I have a good reason or 'excuse' to take
up room for it.

If so which varieties for taste, not volume, would you suggest?

IMHO, as with potatoes, tomato preference has to be via trial and error, as
everyone likes different things. I love GD as a snack, but to put on
sandwiches I like a variety so I can play around with different ones. If I
find a large tomato I like as much as GD I'll increase the number of those I
grow.