Old 16-09-2011, 01:45 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
No Name

Default hard tomatoes

Baz wrote:
I grow GD both in and outdoor, and I have to be honest, I've never
noticed a difference in the skin. Taste the same, and sometimes the
outdoor ones even beat the indoor for speed. But the indoor ones keep
cropping for longer.

How much longer?

Ask me in a month or so. It's been a funny year, but I think they will keep
going for a while yet. Some of the later plants still have flowers, which I
am told to take off at this time of year, but I'm pretty sure there's still
plenty of time to get them to ripe, if they don't get blighted first.

I think probably mid to end of October is when I tend to have the plants
start to give up. I think I've managed to get green ones in November, but
not fully ripe.

But as I say, my memory is flaky, I'll try and keep note for you this year!