Old 16-09-2011, 09:13 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Pepper "Sweet Romano"

On 16/09/2011 18:20, Baz wrote:
Jeff wrote in news:j4vtdp$fnd$1
@news.albasani.net:

Grown this year - Johnsons "World Kitchen" seed. Quote from back of
packet: "Long and pointed with thin skins, very sweet flesh, and the
benefit of very few seeds".

It germinated well, and has set quite a bit of fruit.

Just harvested the first one. Looked the part, but is considerably
hotter than a jalapeņo!!! Anyone else growing this from Johnsons seed?

No, but Romano are reputed to be one of the hottest, I thought they were
chilli capsicum and not a pepper. (?)
Good job you didn't eat a seed, or did you? Ouch!

Baz

According to this page:
http://www.johnsons-seeds.com/search/pepper
Romano are a sweet pepper (bottom left). The peppers are divided into
hot and sweet.

I did try touching a seed to my tongue. Very hot...

I'll wait to see what the peppers from another plant are like before I
contact Johnsons. I still have a few seeds left, if they want to grow
them next year to see what they are.

--

Jeff