Old 17-09-2011, 03:57 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default what to do with old corn stalks?

Todd wrote:
Todd wrote:
Hi All,

My corn experiment kind of went bust. I think my
soil is too poor. I will try amending my soil more
next year.

In the mean time, what do I do with the old stalks?
Toss them in the trash? Plow them under? Shake
fist at and accuse parents of not being married?

Many thanks,
-T

Compost

Would just burying them 6" under have the same effect?

In the long run. The stalks take a while to break down, you could speed the
whole thing up by running over them a few times with a mower.