Old 17-09-2011, 08:59 AM posted to rec.gardens
Garrapata Garrapata is offline

Default How to are for this plant?

I was recently given this plant because a friend was moving city and
could not care for it any more. Can I have some advice on how to care
for it and what kind of plant it is? I'm a complete gardening newbie!

Appears to be a Chamaedorea (palm)
Unpot and see if it is one plant or a bunch of seedlings, if seedlings
divide and repot 3-5 plants per 6" pot otherwise repot into a slightly
larger pot.
Easy to care for, bright light but avoid direct sun and dry heat. Takes
average water, good drainage, don't let it get dry too often. Light
fertilizer every month or so.
--

09=IX