Old 26-02-2003, 07:27 PM
paghat

Default open pollination-attn: Dwight

In article , "Tom & Debbie"
wrote:

Speaking of open pollination, how far apart would be far enough to keep
cross-pollination from occurring in a garden for peppers and tomatoes?
debbie

I've wondered the same thing about columbines. If I'm careful to have only
one really cool black pompom Barlow columbine on one side of the house, is
there really any chance it'll seed true just so long as the ten
continuously crosspollinating regular types of columbines are planted
completely on the other side of the house?

-paghat the ratgirl

-from Peter Newell's "Wild Flowers"