Old 17-09-2011, 06:10 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Baz[_3_] Baz[_3_] is offline

Default Greenhouse help

Jake Nospam@invalid wrote in news:1gj977pdndmf507vaeu3lp15t5drbtmpmv@
4ax.com:

If it isn't too late to do this, I've got paved bits to walk along but
the growing areas are membraned (that weed suppressing stuff) and then
graveled (using pea gravel - as it's "inside" the cats don't get to
it!). This allows whatever is on top (growing in large pots or grow
bags) a decent amount of drainage plus when I water the paved runs get
drained off quickly. Half-way house sort of thing between earth and
paving.

Cheers
Jake
Gardening at the less wet end of Swansea Bay
but moved on from Tolkien; now half way through
the complete Harry Potter.

www.rivendell.org.uk

Funny you mentioning that. A friend uses old carpet on both sides with as
you say a walkway between. We were just talking about it on the 'phone a
few mins ago.

Baz