Old 17-09-2011, 06:44 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Baz[_3_] Baz[_3_] is offline

Default Winter pansies

Jake Nospam@invalid wrote in
:

Don't forget the netting! You have posted the availability of some
brassicas to the internet. Do you think pigeons don't read newsgroups?

If the seller was decent (as you think) the variety should be a frost
hardy one, in which case you may get by with just closing the leaves
around the curd and tying them with some string when frost threatens
and then just drop some fleece over them at night. I used to get away
with that when I had my own allotment (though that was some years ago
when winters were not so cold as we didn't have global warming) ))

Cheers
Jake
Gardening at the less wet end of Swansea Bay
but moved on from Tolkien; now half way through
the complete Harry Potter.

www.rivendell.org.uk

Jake!
The caulli have no curds yet! They are small plants intended for over
wintering. I will of course insulate as neccessary during cold spells.

Baz