Old 20-04-2003, 06:24 AM
kush

Default green coloured froth-like surface

If it's similar to what I used to get from time to time, just getting rid of
the Riccia for a while may clear it up. I don't think it has anything to do
with the Riccia, as such, but, in my tanks, it seems to grow explosively in
the sheltered tension film between the crystalwort and the bright lights.

kush

"You can't have everything - where would you put it?"

LeighMo wrote in message
I get this sometimes. I think it's a floating algae, sort of like green

water,
but only at the surface of the water. Like most algaes, the key to

controlling
it is nutrient balance. Last time I got it, I think it was because I let
nitrate drop to zero.

If you get your nutrients in balance, it goes away, though it might take
awhile. In the meantime, surface turbulence will help break it up. You

can
also skim it out with a jar, the way you'd remove fat from gravy.

Leigh