Old 18-09-2011, 01:18 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
No Name

Default First Frost Date

Janet wrote:
Anyone know when the first frost date is due?
Duh, seasonal temperatures vary across the UK.

Oh well obviously I never knew that, Janet, because otherwise you wouldn't
be able to treat me like some kind of stupid child.

If you knew it why ask.

At what point did I ask "is the seasonal temperature across the UK
consistant?" or anything even vaguely like that? Baz provided what looks
like a very useful rough guide, with an ability to adjust for location,
which perfectly answered the question. I now have my answer of a rough
time, which is not this month, which is what I expected, but after the cold
night earier this week, I thought it best to check. Having just been in the
garden at 1am to help my neighbour retrieve her yappy dog, it feels pretty
damned cold, though.

You know, for the amount of occasionally useful or entertaining comments you
make, I really can see why some people choose to killfile you.

Can you see why people treat you like some kind of stupid child?

Not people, Janet, not people.

Anyhow. As someone much more sensible than me often said, I tire of this
nonsense. You are nothing but a grumpy troll, and I should know better than
to feed you, especially after midnight. I shall endeavour to show restraint
in future, oh trollious one.