Old 18-09-2011, 11:58 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Baz[_3_] Baz[_3_] is offline

Default Greenhouse help

Dave Hill wrote in
:

On Sep 17, 6:10*pm, Baz wrote:
Jake Nospam@invalid wrote in
news:1gj977pdndmf507vaeu3lp15t5drbtmpmv@ 4ax.com:

If it isn't too late to do this, I've got paved bits to walk along
but the growing areas are membraned (that weed suppressing stuff)
and then graveled (using pea gravel - as it's "inside" the cats
don't get to it!). This allows whatever is on top (growing in large
pots or grow bags) a decent amount of drainage plus when I water
the paved runs get drained off quickly. Half-way house sort of
thing between earth and paving.

Cheers
Jake
=======================

====================== Gardening at the less wet end of Swansea Bay
but moved on from Tolkien; now half way through
the complete Harry Potter.

www.rivendell.org.uk

Funny you mentioning that. A friend uses old carpet on both sides
with as you say a walkway between. We were just talking about it on
the 'phone a few mins ago.

Baz- Hide quoted text -

I don't know what all the fuss is about, you can use the soil for a
year or two without having to change it, then you can decide about
paving .

There is no fuss!

Baz