Old 18-09-2011, 09:59 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
No Name

Default First Frost Date

wrote:
I suggest that you look at the Climate FAQ, which won't answer your
question, but may explain why there can be no answer to your question.

First or last frost dates are a nearly completely useless concept
in the UK. Expressed in layman's terms, even the normal variation
is very large, and exceptional frosts can occur at any time, even
in many of the 'warmer' parts of the UK.

It gives a ballpark figure, which is what I wanted, and what I got. I am
happy with the answer I got, and am slightly confused by the amount of
over-reaction.
(I was particularly bemused by Baz, who seems to have taken offence at me
asking if it was his website, which I thought was a reasonable question
given he offered help if I had problems with it. But heigh ho)
This thread appears to have gone a little teensy bit mad. I would blame the
full moon, but apparently that was almost a week ago. Round about when it
was really cold, so at least that tally's up with one poster's idea!