Old 20-04-2003, 06:24 AM
Henry

Default Test Kits

Frank:

I do not know about Nutrafin test kits; I have never used one, but for the
Hagen and Aquarium Pharma kits I do count the first drop.

Henry

"Frank Mamone" wrote in message
Maybe my question was misunderstood, but I am unclear as to how to count

the
drops using the Nutrafin test kit.

It says to put a drop in the 5ml water. Then start adding drops 1 at a

time
and count them until the water turns yellow. I always wonder if the first
drop should be counted or is it just for a baseline?

Thanks,

Frank

"Henry" wrote in message
Hagen: 6 drops (so 60 ppm KH), Aquarium Pharmaceuticals: 5 drops (so 5
degrees hardness =89.5 ppm KH).

Henry

"PérRµ§h" wrote in message
On Mon, 10 Mar 2003 09:51:35 -0500, in rec.aquaria.freshwater.plants
"Henry" verruimde onze geest met:

Thank you for your interest.

Both tests are similar: one takes 5 ml of water and adds drops of the

test
solution one drop at a time. When the water in the test tube changes

from
blue to yellow, you record the number of drops it took. In the

Aquarium
Pharmaceuticals test kit one drop is worth one degree of hardness. In

the
Hagen kit one drop is worth 10 ppm.

Both kits are newly purchased within the last month.

how many drops with the hagen and how many with the other for the same
sample ?

Maybe a conversion problem : °KH - ppm

PérRµ§h

--