Old 19-09-2011, 05:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
S Viemeister[_2_] S Viemeister[_2_] is offline

Default Variegated ivy: Leaves not coloured pink and red this year...

On 9/19/2011 9:33 AM, Dave Hill wrote:

I'd say that when you got the ivy they were under stress which is why
you had the fancy colours, now they are in soil, no stress and so just
normal growth and their natural colour.
Cold weather can also cause the colour change, you get this with
several variegated evergreens suvh as Euonimous Radicans.

I have a number of Euonymus which are yellow with green in summer, but
change to pink with red in winter.