Old 20-09-2011, 12:21 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Steve B[_6_] Steve B[_6_] is offline

Default waxy substance leaking from plum trees

"ttenrub52" wrote in message

'David Hare-Scott[_2_ Wrote:
;936394']ttenrub52 wrote:-
Hi, can anyone tell me what the waxy substance is leaking from the
bark of my plum tree?-

Any chance of a photo?

Hi, Thanks for the reply. This is my first time on a forum and did not
realise I could add photos. Since leaving my message on here I have
sprayed my trees with Bordaux mixture so the photos would not be very
clear as the gum and tree is now blue !!!

Check for bubbling or foaming. That can be an indication of a borer inside
the bark.

Steve