Old 19-09-2011, 10:31 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Dave Hill Dave Hill is offline
Registered User

Location: South Wales
Default Outside lights :-(

On Sep 19, 6:53*pm, Jeff Layman wrote:
On 19/09/2011 17:58, wrote:

Many years ago, I put some outside lights on our arbor, and they
are falling apart (mainly corrosion). *I want some SIMPLE and
compact ones about the level of 20W halogen, and preferably 12V.
The ones we have at present are 'ship-style', but I can't find
any like that any more.

Any ideas of where to look?

Not sure if they are in your area, but you could try electrical
suppliers such as TLC
(http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Main_Ind...al_Index/index....)
and QVS (http://www.qvsdirect.com/Lighting-OUTDOOR-c-255.html).

--

Jeff

Have you thought about solar powered lights?
I have an old version of this
http://www.maplin.co.uk/80-led-solar...ith-pir-385017
Just 40 led but it gives quite a good light, I charged the batteries
when I bought it 2 1/2 years ago and never touched them since, the
light is movement activated.
You just have to make sure that the solar collector is large enough,
some are pathetic,
The wife bought 2 "Hanging lanterns", I've seen better glow worms.
Try searching Google images for solar outside lighting, might give you
some ideas.
David