Old 19-09-2011, 10:26 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Outside lights :-(

In article ,
Dave Hill wrote:
On Sep 19, 6:53=A0pm, Jeff Layman wrote:

Not sure if they are in your area, but you could try electrical
suppliers such as TLC
(http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Main_Ind...dex/index....=

)
and QVS (http://www.qvsdirect.com/Lighting-OUTDOOR-c-255.html).

Have you thought about solar powered lights?
I have an old version of this
http://www.maplin.co.uk/80-led-solar...ith-pir-385017
Just 40 led but it gives quite a good light, I charged the batteries
when I bought it 2 1/2 years ago and never touched them since, the
light is movement activated.

I am sorry for being unclear, but clearly I was!

The arbor is right next to a building with power, and I have already
fed a 12 volt supply to it. Also, I want something like half a
dozen 20W lights, which is way above most solar lights, and
under an arbor is very shaded anyway. Most seriously, I need to
put the lights on the side of 3"x3" posts, which is the real killer.
Almost all lights are either 4+" or fancy "coach lights", and I
have no desire to pretend to run an eighteenth century brothel!

What I really want is a small, simple light fitting for attaching
to a wall (surface mounting) that takes a 12V supply. I could
sacrifice the last, but I want a number of such lights.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.