Old 20-09-2011, 09:44 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Dave Hill Dave Hill is offline
Registered User

Location: South Wales
Default Outside lights :-(

On 2011-09-19 23:23:41 +0100, said:

In article , Sacha wrote:

Almost all lights are either 4+" or fancy "coach lights", and I
have no desire to pretend to run an eighteenth century brothel!

Well, you're no fun!

True!

I don't know if this will answer but have you looked at fittings for
boats, most of which (iirc) run of a 12v supply and are weatherproof if
they're fitted to masts, for example?

Not in depth, but I have. *Some are suitable, but they are very
pricey, and I don't need lights that can take an Atlantic gale!

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

Unfortunately, pricey may go with the territory, no? *You're looking
for unusual in techie terms and weatherproof, too so I imagine that
presents its own expense/availability ratio?
--
Sacha- Hide quoted text -

Have you thought of finding regular light fitting and just using 12v
bulbs such as these http://www.cp-lighting.co.uk/Lamps/12V-Bayonet ?