Old 20-09-2011, 03:47 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible,rec.gardens
Gunner[_3_] Gunner[_3_] is offline

Default "fearmongering" from the "liberal media"

On Sep 12, 11:37*am, wrote:
Billy writes:
It says a lot about these anthropomorphic superweeds that even the
business press has begun warning of their real and present danger.

"Anthromorphic superweeds" what's that supposed to mean?

From what I'm reading, this Pigweed (Amaranthus palmeri),
is just like any other pigweed except that it's herbicide
resistant. *There's nothing "super" about it.

Too bad for the farmers, they're back to paying someone to pull
this stuff by hand. *Depending on how you look at it, that's either
good or bad. *I suppose bad for the farmers and anyone that wants
inexpensive goods. *Good for farm workers and anyone afraid of
Glycophosphate.

Interesting to read that Pigweed is edible and could be a crop.

--
Dan Espen

Quelites de las aquas was an important dietary staple the Sonoran
Desert people back in the day. Still today many varieties are an
important food and cereal crop in parts of the world. The
fearmongers are the BLMs (Be Like Me) propaganda writing and then
pretending that because it is written so mote it be.