Old 21-09-2011, 09:19 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
stuart noble stuart noble is offline

Default pelargonium overwintering

On 21/09/2011 00:34, Janet Tweedy wrote:
In article , Sacha
writes
He also suggests using a bit of old carpet or something of that sort
to cover the glass

Oh well that's me out then I use mine to cover the floor!

In the end I decided to buy a cheap plastic cold frame from Argos. Well,
£30 for a few bits of plastic isn't cheap, but nor were the d-i-y
alternatives. I'm using it as a base to which I'll add copious amounts
of bubble wrap. This will obviously reduce light levels, but hopefully
keep the inside above freezing. I may have to just drape it over the
outside, as there's no way of fixing it on the inside. Ah well, it'll be
an interesting experiment