Old 21-09-2011, 10:16 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Steve Peek Steve Peek is offline

Default Green Tomatoes

1 part green tomatoes
1 part onions
1 part ripe jalapenos
Chop fairly fine
bring to a boil 3 parts vinegar and 2 parts sugar, add about 1 tablespoon
per quart mustard seed. Add chopped vegetables and simmer for 15 minutes.
pack into sterile jars and seal while still very hot. Will easily keep for a
year (I'm eating some of last years now and it's still wonderful). There's
something about the heat, the sweet and the tart of the tomatoes that is
just delicious.
Steve

"David Hare-Scott" wrote in message
Potman wrote:
Has anyone got any ideas of what to do with green tomatoes. I've got a
bucket load and I don't think I can deal with that much chutney.

I have had the chutney overload too. Jam is good, green tomatoes make
great jam.