Old 21-09-2011, 08:17 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Jake Jake is offline

Default Michaelmas Daisies

On Wed, 21 Sep 2011 19:01:26 +0100, RG wrote:

On Wed, 21 Sep 2011 18:18:53 +0100, wrote:

In article op.v155r8owgkcl5l@home1, RG wrote:
On Wed, 21 Sep 2011 11:39:01 +0100, Sacha wrote:

I really *hate* my new Trackpad - it's always doing something I don't
want, like sending emails and posts before I'm ready!! AIUI the Aster
novae-angliae Harrington Pink will stand light soils if a mulch is
applied to keep the soil moist. It's also said to be mildew resistant
like A.f. Monch.

I don't know what make your PC is, but have a look into the
trackpad/mouse
settings.
Some have an option for 'disable during typing' or 'hide pointer during
typing' that may overcome the problem.

Don't bet on it. I don't know what the cause is, but it's fairly
widespread, and generally has little to do with any settings except
"disable the bloody thing".

The cause is very simple. Fingers or palm brushing the trackpad while
typing.
It's worse on some laptops depending upon the position and height of the
trackpad relative to the keys.

Otherwise you can do what Spider does - turn off the trackpad altogether
and use an external mouse or trackball.

And what I do.

Or you can invest in a decent laptop that has a trackpoint instead of a
trackpad.

Many (I say "many" but haven't actually seen one that isn't) trackpads
are actually moulded into the keyboard cover so resting the palm on
either of the co-called rest areas on either side of the pad as you
type results in the pad being pressed - you don't actually have to
touch the pad itself. In this case, reducing the pad sensitivity will
help unless you're a heavy "rester", in which case you also need to
disable the various options (depending on the PC) where you can tap
the pad instead of tapping one of the adjacent mouse buttons.

Sometimes a technician can slightly lower the sensors under the
trackpad and I've known cases where problems have been solved by
replacing the keyboard cover.

Cheers, Jake
URGling from the less wet end of Swansea Bay in between
ploughing through books and catalogues for alternatives
to impatiens.

www.rivendell.org.uk