Old 21-09-2011, 08:08 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Michaelmas Daisies

In article ,
Jake Nospam@invalid wrote:

Many (I say "many" but haven't actually seen one that isn't) trackpads
are actually moulded into the keyboard cover so resting the palm on
either of the co-called rest areas on either side of the pad as you
type results in the pad being pressed - you don't actually have to
touch the pad itself. In this case, reducing the pad sensitivity will
help unless you're a heavy "rester", in which case you also need to
disable the various options (depending on the PC) where you can tap
the pad instead of tapping one of the adjacent mouse buttons.

I wish :-( Neither my fliptop nor its software support such an
option, and yet it happened often enough for me to disable the
damn thing! Since you say that this is a 'feature' on at least
some of the devices, a possibility is that it is in the hardware
but supposedly disabled.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.