Old 23-09-2011, 02:05 PM
wizzie wizzie is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by martpol View Post
I have a semi-circular, raised brick pond - 3.7m long x 1.5m radius x 60cm high. There is little life in it, apart from some water lilies and frogspawn which I'm donating to a neighbour. I plan to drain the pond, fill it with soil and make it into a vegetable garden - thinking that a high bed with copper tape at the base might provide slightly better protection from slugs/snails (though this might be wishful thinking!).

As well as any general advice, I'd appreciate guidance on some specific questions:

1. Should I remove the plastic pond liner once drained, or will this be of some use to my vegetable growing?
Hi
You should not remove the plastic pond liner; use this for some vegetable growing use. For a successful vegetable garden I think you should fill the new bed with top soil.